My True Ancestry.com - Archaeogenetic Samples & Maps

Topic author
Arcadiaville
Ethnicity: British Isles Mostly

Re: My True Ancestry.com - Archaeogenetic Samples & Maps

Post by Arcadiaville » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:15 pm

Another new feature notification from MyTrueAncestry.com - PCA kit comparison and new Iberian & African samples:

NEW Feature: Compare Kits using PCA! Arrival of Vascones! New Africa Samples! King SALE!

- Compare all yours kits with each other using PCA analysis! (Requires Level2+ supporting multiple kits).
- Visualize how your kits relate to each other as well as the closest modern populations.
- The Vascones have arrived - See if your Iberian ancestry relates!
- New Samples Added for Africa! And more to be added soon!

Topic author
Arcadiaville

Post by Arcadiaville » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:46 pm

My True Ancestry has been busy over the summer - more samples and a match feature that shows how close you match ancient samples as compared to other users:
- Innovative Feature: See how close YOU compare to Ancient samples vs OTHER Users (both Deep Dive and Ancient Results)
- Improvements: On screen alerts when new samples appear - every map now has a quick refresh button ready to go!
- More results: Premium and Archaeology maps now show 40 samples! (Zeus users can customize up to 100)
- Improvements for Celts and Longobards - (special thanks to the MyTrueAncestry Users Group on Facebook)

Here is how the new match proximity compared to other testers feature looks with my top 2 ancient matches:
My True Ancestry_Ancient Sample Top Match % Feature.JPG
Top % Match
My True Ancestry_Ancient Sample Top Match % Feature.JPG (58.2 KiB) Viewed 267 times

Topic author
Arcadiaville

Post by Arcadiaville » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:51 pm

I am curious about the Facebook group that My True Ancestry states in its latest update as having advised them on some of the Celts samples. I am not an active Facebook user so is anyone a member and can share what this group is doing? Is there a group of dedicated professional or arm-chair geneticists or historians advising the company on ancient sample methodologies or their test results?

Topic author
Arcadiaville

Post by Arcadiaville » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:11 pm

I compared my updated Deep Dive results with 2 kits - Living DNA and 23andMe - with the new % match other users features:

Living DNA kit:
Attachments
My True Ancestry_Deep Dive_% Match Other Users_Living DNA Kit_#2.JPG
Deep Dive - % Match Other Users - Living DNA - # 1 Match
My True Ancestry_Deep Dive_% Match Other Users_Living DNA Kit_#2.JPG (136.52 KiB) Viewed 259 times
My True Ancestry_Deep Dive_% Match Other Users_Living DNA Kit_#1.JPG
Deep Dive - % Match Other Users - Living DNA - # 2 Match
My True Ancestry_Deep Dive_% Match Other Users_Living DNA Kit_#1.JPG (90.4 KiB) Viewed 259 times

Topic author
Arcadiaville

Post by Arcadiaville » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:16 pm

23andMe kit:

Top 3 of 5 matches.
My True Ancestry_Deep Dive_% Match Other Users_23andMe Kit.JPG
Deep Dive - % Match Other Users - 23andMe Kit
My True Ancestry_Deep Dive_% Match Other Users_23andMe Kit.JPG (146.15 KiB) Viewed 258 times

Topic author
Arcadiaville

Post by Arcadiaville » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:45 pm

I made a chart of the shared segments with updated samples with 2 kits. I find it interesting that the Living DNA kit shows several more matches than 23andMe and that some of the matches in common share widely different ranges.
My True Ancestry_Ancient Shared Segments_23andMe v. Living DNA Kit.JPG
Ancient Shared Segments - 2 Kits
My True Ancestry_Ancient Shared Segments_23andMe v. Living DNA Kit.JPG (100.12 KiB) Viewed 255 times

Topic author
Arcadiaville

Post by Arcadiaville » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:13 pm

My True Ancestry.com is not taking a summer break. More Barbarian tribes are hot on their database trails! Here are there latest ancient sample updates:

Exciting samples - Viking Shield Maiden, Philip Calvert and the African slave trade
- 3 NEW Civilizations: Brahmin Dynasty and the Karkota Empire (Ancient India) plus the Yoruba (Ancient Africa)
- Barbarians on the move: More Cimmerians! More Scythians! They keep on raiding our database!
- Philip Calvert, the famous Governor of colonial Maryland has arrived!
- The High Ranking Viking Shield Maiden from Sweden awaits in Valhalla and possibly in your matches...
- Victims of the Portuguese slave trade from the Algarves are now available.
- NEW feature: 3-D PCA analysis of your matches with color coded clusters! (ZEUS only)
- ZEUS SALE (48 hours) is back by popular demand.
- Improved classifications for Cimmerians, Scythians and Longobards

Alas, I share no matches with the Viking Shield Maiden. Drats! Binge-watching The Vikings on Netflix did not pay-off. ;) Does anyone detect changes in their classifications of any of their Cimmerians, Scythians and Longobards samples? I wonder what their "improved classifications" entails. Did they adjust their match algorithm or re-name samples?

Topic author
Arcadiaville

Post by Arcadiaville » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:33 pm

MyTrueAncestry has forged ahead with their archaeogenetic samples to Iberia and added new samples from Harvard's Reich Lab:

NEW Regional Archaeogenetics: Iberia! 3 new Civilizations including Greco-Bactrians, Indo-Parthians and the Maurya Empire! September SALE!
- Regional Archaeogenetics is now LIVE with its 2nd region: Iberia!
- Your top 100 samples are compared with this region and plotted, including Deep Dive results
- See how you fit into Iberian history over 8 Time periods including the Iron Age, Roman Rule, the Islamic Caliphate and the Reconquista!
- Historical context describes each period and helps you understand the context of what you see.
- PLUS *the LATEST* samples from Harvard's Reich Lab - Czech Bell Beakers and South/Central Asia
- 60+ brand new samples added!

Topic author
Arcadiaville

Post by Arcadiaville » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:43 pm

As an example of new regional Archaeogenetic maps, here is my Iberia map with historical description:
My True Ancestry_Regional Archaeogenetics-Iberia.JPG
My True Ancestry_Regional Archaeogenetics-Iberia.JPG (104.94 KiB) Viewed 160 times
My True Ancestry_Regional Archaeogenetics-Iberia_Description.JPG
My True Ancestry_Regional Archaeogenetics-Iberia_Description.JPG (158.39 KiB) Viewed 160 times

I searched online for info. on Visigoth Germanic Girona sample I2162 and did not find a description.

Amelius France

Post by Amelius » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:37 pm

Return to “other”